There are a tremendous number of uses for plastic cards.
Because of their extreme durability and excellent graphics, plastic cards are often used in a great number of different situations. Plastic cards are not just visually appealing, they can also easily interact with most machines.
Since they have so many uses, businesses can get advantages from printing on plastic.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- Plastic cards don't have to have a negative environmental impact. These cards are fully recyclable.
- Of course, some cards will inevitably wind up in the trash. That's why PVC cards are now available that will decompose naturally within a few years when kept in soil.
- New cards can be made from recycled plastic too, further reducing the environmental footprint.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
For more information on custom plastic cards or to find out about our competitive pricing, fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Take a look at what you need and make sure you find the right printer for the job you want done, because not all plastic card printers are the same.
We offer the best value in plastic card printing that you'll find anywhere. Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from experienced professionals
Shop the best printer brands on our user-friendly website.
Honest product reviews from real customers Everyday low prices that can help you save up to 50 percent on printers. Rely on our experts for support before, during and after your purchase.
Top 5 Factors You Should Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
You don’t have to be overwhelmed while trying to buy an ID card printer—just think about these five key things to help simplify your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most printers are available in either single- or dual-sided models.
Dual sided card printers will save you a lot of time on large batches. Dual sided card printers are great for completing large orders quickly. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
The least expensive type of printer, and the one you’ll see most often, is the dye sublimation printer.
The use a ribbon with panels to put the color onto the card, but usually leave a tiny white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) use a ribbon and transfer film to achieve a higher quality print that ensure full bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies printing larger batches will want printers with larger hopper sizes, faster print speeds, and high-yield ribbons.
Companies that print small batches can save money with handfed printers or printers that don’t have high-volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards can increase the durability and value of cards. It’s essential for cards used on a regular basis.
Lamination also allows you to add holograms to your cards for greater security.
There are also less expensive ways to make a more secure card such as holographic card stock, holographic stickers, watermarks, and similar visual security features. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be connected to a computer with a simple USB cable connection.
For connecting to a Mac, you must select a printer with Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to a network to print using multiple computers, a printer with Ethernet connection is essential. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is really just another way of identifying an ID card printer.
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is a plastic used in a wide range of products. It is usually thought of in terms of construction, but it is a common material for ID cards, as well. If you're looking to print any kind of card or photo ID, you'll probably be using a PVC printer. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
Transferring a design onto an ID card with a PVC card printer can be done in various ways. The two most common types of printers are "dye sublimation" and "reverse transfer" models. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is probably the most popular method of printing. It uses a ribbon that has panels of three primary colors (cyan, yellow, and magenta) on its entire length.
As the card is printing, a print head with heated thermal elements passes over the ribbon and evaporates the ink on the ribbon where appropriate and transfers the ink to the PVC card. If you're planning on printing in color for the most part, you'll want a dye sublimation printer. If you plan to do only black-and-white card printing, look for a "resin thermal transfer" model.
Badgy 200 Printer
In order to see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer, or to download a brochure, you can navigate to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the affordable color plastic card printer on the market today.
It's not necessary to have a dual-sided printer in order to be able to print on both sides of a card.
By manually flipping the card over yourself, this printer will print on either side of the card and save you money!
This is a good way to save $600 if you’re on a tight budget, since a dual sided card printer costs $600 more than a single sided card printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides you with a turnkey solution, for PC or Mac. Consisting of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
In addition, you will get access to a free card template library at www.badgy.com to help you personalize the template of your choice. PRINTING ON DEMAND With the Badgy200, you can instantly print your own cards as you need them.
Print single cards or small batches as you need them. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has a printing output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can import data from a database and add information to your card designs easily, in addition to launching a print run of your badges that include variable data with a single command.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 generates personalized plastic cards with professional printing, allowing you to highlight your organization’s brand image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 can be installed like any standard office printer.
You load the cards in the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite software allows you to easily control the printer from your computer with notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are simple to install and automatically recognized.
COMPACT: The Badgy200 printer is smaller than a letter sized sheet of paper, allowing it to fit into any workspace.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Since Badgy makes it possible few to print your own customize color badges on demand, this solution can be applied to instantly produced personalized secure cards for a variety of uses.
- A Card Printer
It's not rocket science - instead of paper, you can print your cards on plastic.
- Print the amounts you want on whatever schedule you desire. Badgy is designed with the needs of smaller and medium-size businesses in mind.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The Evolis Badgy200 is unbelievably simple to install, run and maintain.
- The slim, unobtrusive design allows you to find a place for it in any type of setting.
- Evolis presents the Badgy200 solution created to help you print superior-quality color badges with ease.
- Badgy200 is perfect for graphic personalization and rapid card creation, either in singles or in small batches.
- The Badgy200 color ID card printer is perfect for designing and printing personalized employee, visitor, event badges, library, student or membership cards, and much more.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy includes a single installation CD that consists of the Badge Studio + software, the printer driver, and templates.
- You will be able to design and print professional-quality, edge-to-edge badges or ID cards with the included software.
- It's compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and allows you to create personalized badges in minutes.
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software allows you to control your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Get a free card template library at www.badgy.com, where you can personalize a template by adding text, logos, photos, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS includes all the supplies and accessories you'll need to start printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is a cost-effective solution, ideal for low-volume printing applications. This system a complete solution for both novice and experienced users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Some of the key features of the Badgy card printer is its 25-card input/output tray located on the front of the printer along with the ribbon reloading located at the top, while on the back is the power connection and the USB port.
An LCD panel makes the printer easy to operate.
Quality and cost-effectiveness Badgy200 feature full-color, superior quality prints that cover the entire surface of the card, from edge to edge. Badgy is also capable of printing readable barcodes.
It doesn't matter if you're printing one or 100 cards, the overall printing costs are amazingly low, so your printer solution will be easy on the budget.
You can conserve both electricity and money when using hibernation mode.
The Evolis Badgy200 utilizes thermal transfer and dye sublimation to produce prints using 2 million colors, at 300 dpi.
Speedy printing of 95 color cards or 325 monochrome cards per hour allows Badgy to be used for bulk prints when needed.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
You can print badges or ID cards while personalizing them when you use Evolis Badgy, at any time - either one at a time or in batches: Staff ID badges
Event badges Event badges